Announcements and Notifications Overview
The Announcements and Notifications feature provides ways for users to receive important information. Notifications can be adjusted for receipt of relevant updates through channels a user prefers. Announcements are communicated in three ways:
- Notices are used to provide important information to users.
- Alerts are used to provide urgent information to users.
- Emergency Announcements are used to provide urgent emergency information to users.
In this article:
Global Menu > Announcements
1. Click on Announcements to view Notices, Alerts, and Emergency Announcements.
Announcements may also be received using other channels including a notification, email, or SMS text message.
When new Alerts or Emergency Announcements occur in real time and a user is on the Announcements, Dashboard, or Activity page, a message will appear at the top of the page indicating the number of unread Announcements. Users may click on this message to be redirected to the unread Announcements, or the users may click the “X” to dismiss the message.
Global Menu > Dashboard
1. Click on Dashboard to view Announcements.
2. Select Dismiss on an Alert or Emergency Announcement to dismiss from the Dashboard View.
Dismissing an Alert or Emergency Announcement from the Dashboard View does not remove the Alert or Emergency Announcement from the Activity feed.
User Options > Account Settings > Notifications
1. Click on User Options.
2. Select Account Settings.
3. Click Notifications to adjust Notification settings.
4. Select the Edit Settings icon next to the notification to edit.
Notification settings will automatically Save once a change has been made.
Mute Group Notifications
1. Navigate to the specific Group to mute.
2. Select the Mute Group Notifications icon located in the upper right-hand corner.
Activity from a muted Group will not show up in the Activity feed.